- 3 Concert Bands
- Symphonic Band (freshmen only)
- Concert Band
- Wind Ensemble (must audition)
- 3 Jazz Ensembles
- 1 Jazz Combo
- 1 Marching Band
- 2 Pep Bands
- Color Guard
- Note: All students participate in the Bay Port High School Marching Band, which performs at all Bay Port home football games as well as marching in local parades.
- 3 Formal Concerts
- District and State Solo & Ensemble Festivals
- Bay Port consistently has more entries selected to continue on to the State Solo and Ensemble festival than any other band in the state of Wisconsin.
National and State Recognition
The Bay Port Band has performed at many high profile national events, such as, the Orange Bowl Parade, Sugar Bowl Halftime Show, Hollywood Christmas Parade, and Orlando Christmas Parade.
The Bay Port Wind Ensemble has been selected to perform at multiple Wisconsin State Music Educators Conventions, and the Bay Port Music Department is a recipient of a Grammy Signature Award. This award is given by the Academy of Recording Arts and Sciences (the people in charge of the Grammy Awards) to only the top school music departments in the nation.
- 6 Choral Ensembles
- Cantus (tenors and basses) and Cantare (sopranos and altos) are non-audition and open to all students
- 4 Auditioned Choirs
- Chanteurs and Bel Canto (treble choirs for sopranos and altos in grades 9-12)
- Concert Choir (all singers in grades 10-12)
- Vocal Ensemble (mixed chamber choir for all singers in grades 10-12)
- Students admitted into Vocal Ensemble must also be enrolled in Concert Choir or Bel Canto
The choral program offers students the chance to involve themselves in a non-academic area that is challenging and fun, while receiving credit. Choir students are given a number of different performing opportunities along with yearly and bi-yearly trips.
Membership in the Bay Port Orchestra gives students the opportunity to play strings at the high school level. This program is in its 5th year in the district and students who participate will be part of a dynamic group with performance and travel opportunities.
Student Account fundraising allows families to fund raise directly for the students. These funds can be used for lessons, instrument repairs, camps, trips etc. that allow students to enrich their music education. Profits from these sales go directly to your student. Details with attachments were emailed home and include:
- Winter Sale will include Hansen's, Marcus Theater, Shell Gas Cards, Subway Coupon Cards, and Papa Murphy Coupon Cards. Sale will begin Tuesday, November 3rd with forms and payment due Tuesday, December 3rd.
- Ongoing Sale for trips include Marcus Theater, Shell Gas Cards, Subway Coupon Cards, and Papa Murphy Coupon Cards. Orders and payment are due the first Friday of each month and delivery of gift cards due the following Friday, with the exception of December. Orders for Christmas need to be turned in with the winter fundraiser NO LATER than December 3rd in time for Christmas delivery due to the demand with each of our vendors.
Student Account balances as of 9/30 have been posted in each of the music rooms. If you are interested in your student's balance, please have them check and report back. The postings will be updated monthly at the close of each month.
Student Account Withdrawal Form
Monthly Fundraising Forms
Due to the directors by the first Friday of each month. Ordered items will be given to the director the following Friday. Note: No Monthly orders will be processed in December. All Holiday orders must be received with the Winter Fundraiser December 3rd. No exceptions!
|Shell Gas Card|
|Marcus Movie Passes|
|Subway Coupon Card|
|Papa Murphy Discount Card|
Spring Date: TBD
- Will be in NYC 3/5-3/10 working with clinicians and other high school groups at Carnegie Hall.
- There will be 4-5 pieces they will be previewing at the January concert.
- Practicing on Saturdays once a month with the second practice this Saturday.
- In the important phase of getting everyone's passports uploaded into the travel system.
- Administrative tasks for the trip coming to an end to focus on music before departure in June.
- Next trip announcement in January for school year 2020-2021.
- Trip is expected to be less than $1,000 for students and will be regional to Midwest or a little further away.
The purpose of the Bay Port Music Parents Association (BPMA) is three-fold:
- To promote a positive student / parent relationship.
- To support and enhance activities to benefit students in the Bay Port music programs.
- To help finance extracurricular music opportunities for students.
Whatever the musical event, you can be sure that volunteers will be nearby to fundraise or help the students and hard-working faculty manage the activity.
We are a registered, non-profit organization and any parent or guardian of a Bay Port student who participates in any band, orchestra or choral group is automatically a BPMA member and encouraged to become involved. Membership is also open to all other persons interested in promoting the welfare of the music programs, regardless of age, race, religion, sex or national origin.
If you are interested in the Association's activities or finances, please consider attending our meetings to help set the direction for the organization.