- *Read all the details in the letter below before completing the application*
- Click here to complete the parking application.
- Seniors will be able to select their parking spot on August 22 from 8-11 a.m.
- Juniors will be able to select their parking spot on August 23 from 8-10 a.m.
- Sophomores will be able to select their parking spot on August 23 starting at 10 a.m.
Updates to Bay Port Parking in 2023-24
The letter below was sent to Bay Port families on July 19, 2023.
Bay Port Students and Families:
As we continue planning for the upcoming school year, we want to provide an update with the new student parking plan that will be in place for the first day of school. As some of you are aware, parking can be challenging during the school day. We are implementing a system that should improve the parking and drop-off experience. Moving to assigned student parking spots will have many benefits:
- Students will spend less time looking for a parking spot.
- Accidents and damage to vehicles will be easier to identify.
- Students can quickly be contacted if there is an issue with their vehicle.
- Vehicles and individuals that do not belong at Bay Port will be easier to identify.
- There is no cost to students for parking.
There are three student parking lots: Lot A, Lot B and Lot C, which are identified on the map below. Lots will be clearly marked and each parking stall will have a unique letter/number in white paint. Students will be issued a parking tag that corresponds to the lot and spot that they select. Students should prioritize a variety of different parking spots in case their first choice is not available.
Please note that the athletic entrance door by Lot C will close at 7:30 am each morning. Students arriving after 7:30 will need to use the main entrance at Bay Port.
To apply for a parking spot, students must be licensed drivers and have a completed parking application, which includes a parent/guardian signature. Seniors will be able to select their parking spot on Tuesday, August 22 from 8:00 am to 11:00 am. Parking spots will be selected and issued on a first come, first served basis at the Bay Port commons. After the student’s application and drivers license are verified, the student will be able to select a parking spot and will be issued a parking tag.
Juniors will follow the same process on Wednesday, August 23 from 8:00 am to 10:00 am. Sophomores will be able to come on the same day starting at 10:00 am. Seniors can also come on this day, if they are unable to come on Tuesday.
Students who are unable to come on either day can register for a parking spot starting on Friday, August 25 and the following week during office hours (7:00 am-3:00 pm) at the Bay Port main office.
- Parking will be enforced on school days from 7:00 am to 2:40 pm during the school year.
- All parking spots should be numbered in white paint by August 7 if you would like to come to school to look at parking options.
- Students who obtain their drivers license during the school year can apply for a parking spot at the main office.
- Students will select new parking spots prior to the start of each school year.
The two page parking application is linked here and attached to this email. Printed copies are also available at the Bay Port main office, Monday-Friday from 7:00-3:00.
Thanks for your help to improve safety and the parking experience at Bay Port.